The New Moon in Virgo on August 30th, is the best moon phase in a long time for starting something new or re-energising something.
We often speak more about the Full Moon, there seem to be this fascination around it.
Actually every New Moon is the beginning of a brand new cycle. It’s here when you plant your intentions and make a conscious choice about where you are heading towards.
Besides that, September is kicking in and we head towards the energy of the last months of the year. Summer is ending and the energy we put in THIS moment will dictate how we will close the year.
This is the perfect timing to question old habits, behaviours, and beliefs as you search for new and inventive ways to make progress. High levels of assertiveness, initiative, and goal-directed energy make this a great new moon for starting new projects (source: Astrology King).
The moon is today is being influenced by Venus, the planet of love and beauty. It’s inviting you to bring extra kindness and softness in this process of initiation of something new.
NEW MOON IN VIRGO RITUAL
Invite yourself to sit in silence. Get a paper and a fresh sheet in your journal and get ready to take an inventory of your life.
Virgo’s energy is about organising everything. As a Virgo ascendant I really love this mood.
Get your essential oils ready. I have chosen 3 oils for this ritual (more about each one of them bellow).
Lemon: helps you gain clarity;
Cardamon: helps you gain objectivity;
Patchouli: allows you to feel strong in your body and honor your physicality.
Take some deep inhalations with the oils you have at home. Allow the crispiness and freshness of them to penetrate your brain. Now let’s get to a little organising work.
Look into your life to find clarity, ask yourself:
- What’s working in my life at the moment?
- What (or who) needs to stay in the last cycle, that I no longer need to carry in my life?
- What do I want to be focusing on?
- In what areas are changes necessary?
YOUR DIET AND PRACTICES
Now take a look at your diet. Virgo is about being healthy too! How does your morning and evening routines look like? Are there any?
Think about your practices and the discipline you have towards them. Being happy is a choice, but also a muscle, you need to work on it everyday, otherwise it’s easy to get trapped by the fears and negative patterns of the time (source: Moonology).
The most important part is… don’t be too picky on yourself. Virgo energy can be quite picky on things. Allow love and kindness to penetrate this interaction and have Patchouli as a good buddy to release judgments about yourself (and your body).
I love Virgo energy to organize my calendar. There are two resources that have been extremely helpful for me in the past months:
- I started organising my daily agenda according to the planets and each day of the week. Each day is ruled by a certain planet (that’s where their name comes from). So Monday is by the Moon and its a day of creativity and inspiration. Tuesday is ruled by Mars and it’s when I focus on topics that require my leadership and courage. And so fourth. You can read more about it here.
- Throw away your TO DO LIST – plan it in advance. This practice completely changed my life. Every Sunday evening I sit down and I make an extensive list of everything that I want to get done in the coming week, every single thing that’s on my mind. From here, I open my Google Calendar and include each one of these activities for a time and date. This podcast episode from the Life Coach School explains it perfectly. This practice gives me the mind space to be much more creative and efficient.
ESSENTIAL OILS THAT WILL SUPPORT YOU
Lemon teaches us to be mentally present by focusing on one thing at the time. It dispels confusion and bestows clarity. At the same time, it restores feelings of joy and happiness in oneself.
Cardamon is all about helping you regain objectivity, mental sobriety and self-control. It’s indicated for individuals hiper focused on their problems, specially frustrations. It demands you stop blaming others and take ownership for your feelings to that you regain peace, calm and control of yourself.
Patchouli invites you to become fully present in your body. It allows you feel grounded by enhancing confidence and moderation so you can connect to your body and accept it as it is, feeling balanced, stable and physically expressive.