The Art of Connection To The Conscious Mother is the first post of a new series in this blog.
This new blog format comes into the world in an unprecedented time of disconnection, separation and segregation.
In this scenario, we step up as the antidote.
It is an ode to the wild woman. The wise woman. The conscious and aligned woman who is ready to create a new reality based on her connection with herself.
In this blog post, I am sharing some coaching tools and book tips to become a version of a more conscious mother. One who is wise, untamed and wild in her being.
At the end of it, you can also download a free ebook with tips for essential oils to guide an empowered and natural period of pregnancy, birth and postpartum.
Selfless women make for an efficient society but not a beautiful, true, or just one. When women lose themselves, the world loses its way. We do not need more selfless women. ⠀
What we need right now is women who have detoxed themselves so completely from the worlds expectation that they are full of nothing but themselves. What we need are women who are *full of themselves*. A woman who is full of herself knows and trust herself enough to say and do what must be done. She lets the rest burn.⠀
I burned the memo presenting motherhood as martyrdom. I decided that the call of motherhood is to become a model, not a martyr. I unbecame a mother slowly dying in her children’s name and became a responsible mother: one who shows her children how to be fully alive. ⠀Glennon Doyle, Untamed.
RAISING A NEW WORLD
Last month I gave birth to my second child. But it’s not only two beautiful children I am bringing to this world. We are collectively birthing a new reality. Will it be one of separation or unity? It’s our choice.
Only when we are ready to truly connect within, we can connect with others around us.
The same is valid for the mother. Her relationship is not based on the link to her child. It’s foundations is between her and herself.
THE WISE MOTHER
1. the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one’s way of life, behavior, or political views.
2. the power or scope to act as one pleases.Oxford Languages
The role of the mother is probably one of the most heavily charged roles in society. Some might say the most important (I agree), but it’s also carried by values, norms and beliefs system that might not necessarily be inherent to us. If we, as mothers, want to stand in our power and stand up for our children, we aught to meet the Wise Mother in our path.
TOOLS TO CONNECT TO THE CONSCIOUS MOTHER
In this new blog format, my main intention is to faciliate a space where YOU connect to your own truth. It’s time we stop throwing our beliefs onto each other and start praising the gifts of our intuition and inner knowing.
The best way to do that is by offering a guideline of questions for you to connect to your guidance.
Grab your journal, a pen, or just open a new page in your notes app (I get it, moms often don’t have time for journaling).
LET’S GET STARTED
1.YOUR PERSONAL NEEDS
Since a young age, we see women putting their needs last once they become a mother. However, the oxygen mask rule applies perfectly well here: we need to put our own oxygen masks first, before we help our children. Our generation has the wonderful ability of transforming old trauma and stopping from transferring to the ones coming after us.
What if we would, collectively, choose that mothers are wise enough to make sure their personal needs are also met?
Here are the questions for you to ask yourself:
- What do I need in order to feel nourished?
- How can I ensure to have the feeling that I am taking care of my own well being? Sleep, healthy eating, time to practice, sport, time alone?
- These are the conditions that needs to be in place so that happens:
2. SUPPORT SYSTEMS
Here is a shocking number: 93% of women report any sort of postpartum burnout or depression. Why? Because we were not meant to do it alone, locked up in small apartments. There is so much truth in the saying: it take a tribe to raise a child.
Originally, there was someone to hug the baby while we use the toilet, other women were steering the pot of soup, there was a community to play with the older kids. Now, we assume we were meant to be able to fulfill all these roles and we wonder who relationships break and mothers feel exhausted.
Here are some questions to allow you to change the script:
- Who is my support system?
- Can I hire any type of extra support?
- Are their ways to generate income / means to get extra support? If so, which ones? How can I start?
- What activities can I outsource? Laundry, grocery shopping, cooking?
3. RADICAL DECISIONS
This moment in history requires us to show up one hundred per cent for our beliefs and our values. We are being called to stop the victim role and step into our power.
How do it? By making decisions that are aligned with the truth in our hearts and sticking to them.
Remember: you always have a choice!
Take a deep breath, call in all the honesty, and dive deep with your heart into these questions:
- What is that radical decision that I am postponing to take, but once taken I will truly embody the model – not the martyr – for my children?
- Who or what can stay in the past because it no longer fits in my life?
- Which belief system around motherhood I am willing to transform, alchemists?
- This is the new belief I choose to have around motherhood:
RIGHT HERE AND NOW: COMMIT TO YOURSELF.
DOWNLOAD THE FREE EBOOK
YOUR ESSENTIAL OIL GUIDE TO PREGNANCY, BIRTH AND POSTPARTUM
- Top Oils & Supplements for each phase
- Pain release, natural induction & more
- Valuable tips for healing after giving birth
- Books and insights to make this moment even more special.
JOIN THE NEXT STEP COMMUNITY
Are you looking for a community of conscious and empowered women?
Being part of The Next Step Community is a game-changer on your health and wellbeing journey and offers you:
– ongoing support
– a place to connect with like-minded people
– a Google Drive with a library of ebooks, one-pagers, and videos (topics ranging from detoxification, skincare, gut health, green cleaning, kids, emotional wellbeing etc.)
– an inspiring educational email series
– a private FB group
– a private IG account
– and much more!
Today, we are 1500+ people and 100+ health coaches, nutritionists, spiritual teachers and wellness advocates in three continents. You can find us all over Europe, South America, and the Caribbean. This is why we’ve also crafted our new content in all languages for you (English, German, Dutch, Portuguese, you choose).
You don’t just get your oils, you get a whole support team of experts and inspiring souls with it.
Please let me know when you want me to plug you into all of these epic resources and guide you through it all the way!